Sunday, January 21, 2007

my life as a poet who reads resumes ...

So after taking my best friend to the airport after a 10-day stay with me, I am alone again. Well, relatively. I have the new Christopher Moore novel, You Suck: A Love Story and I basically plan on reading it in one sitting, tonight. Reading and writing is so fun and necessary for my sanity, but I think I sometimes underrate the importance of people. It is easy to detach and difficult to connect sometimes.

Aaron, thanks for the poems ... I will send you some very very soon. But I can't wait to deliver them in person when I finally make it out to Portland. I know you keep saying it's no big deal, Aaron, and know I know the poem is good no matter what ... but your writing a poem about me gave me a much-needed ego boost ...

No comments: